Electric vehicles (EV's) at first seemed futuristic and like a temporary fad, but time has proven otherwise. Today they are gaining in popularity and charging stations are appearing in many places.
You may be wondering what your options are, as well as how Wright-Hennepin (WH) can help you.
Rebates available of up to $700! Visit our rebate page for more information.
WH has two electric vehicle charging options:
Option 1: Electric vehicle storage charge
- Energy rate during that time is 5.4 cents / kWh
- Energy rate is not subject to power cost adjustment (PCA)
- Charging time is eight hours per day, generally from 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Requires a separate meter socket and receiver to be installed on the outside of home
Please check rebate page for available offers.
Option 2: Electric vehicle time-of-use rider
- Energy rate varies during the day:
- From 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. weekdays - $.17150 per kWh
- All other hours and holidays - $.05210 per kWh
- Energy rate is subject to power cost adjustment (PCA)
- Meter is on 24/7
- Requires a separate meter socket to be installed on the outside of home
WH has a publicly-accessible EV charging stations at their headquarters in Rockford - 6800 Electric Drive, Rockford, MN 55373.
Questions? Seeking additional information?
- Reference this Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Consumers from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Check out this calculator from the Environmental Protection Agency, where you can calculate how much gas and carbon you could save with an electric vehicle.
- Contact us today, we would be happy to discuss rate options in greater detail.