Construction of the second WH Solar Community is underway!
After a successful solar community was put into service September 2013, Wright-Hennepin (WH) is now in the process of constructing a second array. The next project, which is fully sold to members, is located at WH’s headquarters in Rockford, Minn. and is adjacent to the first solar community.
The second array will contain 72 solar panels, enough energy to power about four homes. This solar community is tentatively planned to begin generating power near the end of June and members will begin receiving credits on their electric bills starting in August. Plans are underway for a third solar community, which will most likely be located off-site.
Information on the first Solar Community:
- Check out the power produced today, and to-date.
- Videos of the construction process can be viewed on the WrightHennepin YouTube channel.
- In addition, our collection of photos can be viewed on our Flickr account.
A simple, affordable new way to own solar panels
Change your electric supply mix by owning solar panels. Pay for the panel(s) today, and receive bill credits for years to come based on the output of the system. Effectively lock in your electricity cost. Through the WH Solar Community, you can buy and use solar panels:
- Without installing equipment on your property
- Without worrying about maintaining the system
- And receive the benefit of an economy of scale project, including a 30 percent federal tax credit
Wright-Hennepin is providing members with an opportunity to own affordable community solar panels, which will be located at Wright-Hennepin’s headquarters in Rockford, Minn.
You get all the benefits of owning solar panels, but with none of the hassle. Buy as few as one, or as many as you need to power your entire home.
View this graphic on how solar works.