What are Bylaws?
WH’s Bylaws are the rules governing the regulation of the cooperative. Bylaws are used to:
- Communicate organizational rules
- Avoid disputes and conflict
- Educate incoming directors, officers and others
- Help meetings and elections run smoothly
What will you find in the Bylaws?
In the Bylaws, you will find detailed information on various topics. Topics include:
- Purpose of the organization
- Members rights, roles and responsibilities
- Organization’s government – definition, roles, rights and responsibilities
- Annual Meeting, special meetings and quorums
- Voting for board of directors
- Directors – powers, qualifications, tenure, rules and regulations plus additional details
- Officers – elections, term of office, duties and procedures
- Distribution of earnings, including Capital Credits
- Non-discrimination statement
You can view the full Bylaws document online or request a print copy by calling (763) 477-3000.