Electric vehicles (EV's) at first seemed futuristic and like a temporary fad, but time has proven otherwise. Today they are gaining in popularity and charging stations are appearing in many places.
You may be wondering what your options are, as well as how Wright-Hennepin (WH) can help you.
Rebates available of up to $700! Visit our rebate page for more information.
WH has two electric vehicle charging options:
Option 1: Electric vehicle storage charge program
- Energy rate during that time is $.06/kWh
- Energy rate is not subject to power cost adjustment (PCA)
- Charging time is eight hours per day, generally from 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- Charging is not available all other hours.
- Requires a separate meter socket and receiver to be installed on the outside of home
- Rebate available on cars with minimum of 4.5 kW charger rating
Please check rebate page for available offers.
Option 2: Electric vehicle time-of-use program
- Energy rate varies during the day:
- From 12 - 10 p.m. weekdays - $0.2060 per kWh
- All other hours and holidays - $0.0605 per kWh
- Energy rate will be subject to power cost adjustment (PCA)
- Charging is available 24/7
- Requires a separate meter socket to be installed on the outside of home
- No rebate available
WH has a publicly-accessible EV charging stations at their headquarters in Rockford - 6800 Electric Drive, Rockford, MN 55373. There is also one located at the Albertville Premium Outlets at 6415 Labeaux Ave NE, Albertville, MN 55301.
Questions? Seeking additional information?
- Reference this Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Consumers from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Check out this calculator from the Environmental Protection Agency, where you can calculate how much gas and carbon you could save with an electric vehicle.
- Contact us today, we would be happy to discuss rate options in greater detail.
- Five fast facts about electric vehicles video