Commercial Programs, Guidelines and Rates
Commercial and Industrial Rate
The Commercial & Industrial Rate is applicable to those customers having an average monthly electric peak of 25 kW or greater, AND have an average monthly energy usage of 5000 kWh or greater. The major components of the rate (billed monthly) are as follows:
- Published Energy Rate … $.0470 per kWh for the first 400 consumed, and $.0410 per kWh over 400.
- Power Cost Adjustment (adder or credit to published energy rate) … adjustable
- Published Demand Charge … $11.25 per peak billing demand as measured in kilo-watts (kW) for the months of October-May, $14.25 per peak kW for the months of June-September. Customer billing may also be subject to a demand adjustment, depending on the average monthly power factor.
- Monthly Service Charge … $30.00
General Service Rate
The General Service Rate is applicable to those commercial & industrial customers having an average monthly electric peak of less than 25 kW AND having an average monthly energy usage of less than 5000 kWh. The major components of the rate (billed monthly) are as follows:
- Published Energy Rate … $.094 per Kilo-watt hour (kWh)
- Power Cost Adjustment (adder or credit to Published Energy Rate) … adjustable
- Monthly Service Charge … $15.50
On-Site Interruptible and Generator Rate
This rate program is available to commercial members, who can reduce their connected load to zero during times of peak electric demand. To qualify for this program, the average monthly peak demand must exceed 25 kW. Most members use backup generators to achieve the zero load requirement. During a load control event, WH automatically starts the customer’s generator initiating the transfer of electric load off of the normal utility supply. At the conclusion of a load control event Wright-Hennepin initiates generator re-transfer, allowing the electric load to return to the normal utility supply. Generator shut-down then occurs. For customers without backup generation, reduction of the load to zero through voluntary curtailment may also qualify a business for this rate. A signed rate agreement is necessary for the customer to participate on this rate program. The major components of the On-Site Interruptible & Generator Rate are as follows:
- Published Energy Rate … $.0525 per each kilo-watt hour (kWh) of energy consumed
- Published Demand Charge … $5.25 per peak billing demand as measured in kilo-watts (kW). Customer billing may also be subject to a demand adjustment, depending on the average monthly power factor.
- Monthly Service Charge … $30.00
Seasonal Commercial Rate
This rate is applicable to commercial, industrial and agricultural customers having seasonal type loads. Typical examples are agricultural irrigation, golf course watering, and aggregate production operations. For customers agreeing to occasional load shedding, a discounted electric rate is applied. Seasonal loads are typically controlled beginning in the late afternoon, and are subject to a four (4) hour maximum control period.
Other Rate Options
For commercial customers, Wright-Hennepin also offers predetermined demand level and time-of-use cost-saving rate alternatives.
Predetermined Demand Level Program
This rate program is for those business customers, who can shut down part of their operations to a predetermined level during a Wright-Hennepin load management event. Under this program, a load management event may last for up to six (6) hours.
This rate program can benefit those businesses, who can reduce peak demand load on an everyday basis between the hours of 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. To achieve maximum program savings, the customer's electric load must drop to approximately 50 percent of normal daily peak demand. If you are interested in this program, please contact a commercial account representative at (763) 477-3000.